As part of the Nutrien Ag Solutions® Group, we are involved in a three year corporate partnership with crisis support and suicide prevention organisation, Lifeline Australia.
Lifeline partners with organisations who share a vision for an Australia free of suicide, and supports the delivery of mental health and crisis support based services to the community. We are acutely aware of our role and responsibility within our remote and regional communities and the increased vulnerability of people in these areas who may be isolated from support services.
It is our hope that this partnership will contribute to raising awareness of help-seeking behaviours, by engaging our rural and remote communities, and AgriWest employees through a range of Lifeline activities and mental health awareness programs. We want to help the communities we serve to be more resilient and suicide safe.
Lifeline’s online Crisis Support Chat service sees approximately 50% of users coming from rural and remote locations.
Small change can make a big difference:
- $27 – enables Lifeline’s crisis counselors to answer a call for help
- In 2015 Lifeline answered over 1 million calls for help
- In 2016, approximately 2,800 calls will be answered due to the partnership commitment with Lifeline
Did you know?
- 65,300 Australians attempt suicide every year
- The rate of suicide in remote, rural areas for males, youths, farmers and indigenous people is double that of urban populations*
- More than 7 suicides are attempted every hour
- 7 people die by suicide every day
*Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention AISRAP report, Suicide in Rural and Remote Areas of Australia, 2012, p.1.
For more information visit https://www.lifeline.org.au/